January 12, 2019 at 3:13 pmShaimaaSubscriber
I have a cube in ApDl and meshed it,i need to select nodes in certain cutting plane (layer at the cube). How can do that?
January 14, 2019 at 9:46 amjj77Subscriber
If using nsel, using location, can be tricky if the plane is inclined. Perhaps split the geom. so there is a a face/area on that inclined plane, and use then, asel,to select that face (say by number), followed by nsla,s,1 to get all the nodes on the selected face.
See the chapter about selecting and components (chapter 9 in mechanical apdl guide):
Possibly also by using components, and then commands like cmsel.
Open ansys help and copy and paste that into your browser
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display