Fluids

Fluids

oil reservoir model

• Fanil
      Subscriber

Hi everybody

I am simulating oil flow in porous media (draining oil by horizontal well).and i faced with several problems:

1  how can i obtain values of inertial resistance and viscous resistance (for oil reservoir conditions)

2 after visualization of results pressure field aroud the wellbore is disturbed. Is this due to incorecct boundary conditions or input parameters?

can anyone give advice?

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

Hi Fanil,

Check this document and look at these 2 sections for the calculations:

The Link is: https://www.sharcnet.ca/Software/Ansys/17.0/en-us/help/flu_ug/flu_ug_sec_bc_porous_media.html#RelativeViscosityInPorousMedia-D248F878

6.2.3.7.7. Deriving Porous Media Inputs Based on Superficial Velocity, Using a Known Pressure Loss

6.2.3.7.8. Using the Ergun Equation to Derive Porous Media Inputs for a Packed Bed

• Fanil
      Subscriber

Thank you sir!  

If we consider the reservoir with 900 mDarcy permeability, 20% porosity, density 937kg/m3, 150m3/day production rate, reservoir pressure 6 MPa and well pressure 3MPa, then

(6*10^6-3*10^6)=Kl*(0.5*937*v^2)   V25% - is this value un m3/day or m/s? (m/s depend on well radius)

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

The V value is a velocity value (m/s)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.