TAGGED: grating, RCWA, reflectance
April 19, 2023 at 12:15 pmYao XiaoSubscriber
For the one-dimensional height ratio grating as shown in the figure below, when using rcwa for simulation, you should choose 2D or 3D. Because it is very long in the y direction, not periodic. Periodicity is only in the x direction. In the case of photonic crystals, both x and y are periodic, so three-dimensional is used. How that 1D raster should set the simulated dimension. I chose 2D but it doesn’t converge. I choose 3D to get results quickly but it’s wrong.
April 19, 2023 at 6:21 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
RCWA solves periodic problems. So if the length in y is long, you should use 2D and ignore its effect of limited size. 3D will require y direction periodic, the same as 2D since it assumes y is infinitely lone.
April 20, 2023 at 7:52 am
April 20, 2023 at 7:58 am
April 20, 2023 at 10:06 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You may need to reload the file if it is not corrupted, copy the geometry to a new project and run it again. For faster testing, instead of using 201 frequency points, simply use 21 points, and test again. Make sure the file can run.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.