3D Design

3D Design

One or more remote boundary condition have been scope to a solid vertex and meshing body size

• lkl
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am new to ansys and I am modelling a rail with springs below with two fixed ends. However, I getting the following warning message, is this a concern or how to eliminate it and how to check the created beams on solution information?

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Solver pivot error generally indicates rigid body motion. Please check if the model is constrained properly.

Regards Ashish Khemka
    • lkl
      Subscriber
      to check if the model is constrained properly as in the fixed support and the spring? How come if the meshing size is smaller, I do not encounter this error?

As for the warning msg of one or remote boundary condition has been scoped to a solid vertex, is that a concern or how to I remove it?
    • lkl
      Subscriber
      Hi Appreciate all assistance on my queries. Thank you.
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Can you share the images of how springs are connected to the rails? The connection may be changing with mesh.

Regards Ashish Khemka
    • lkl
      Subscriber
      Hi @akhemka
      I have done a face spilt using as a vertex as connection from a body to solid connection and below is my image of how the spring is connected with mesh image.
      If I used a lower body sizing, it will only reflect the warning as shown below. Is this a concern?

If I increase the body size, it will show four warning and error messages.

Appreciate your advice.

• lkl
      Subscriber
      Hi @akhemka Can assist?
      Thank you.
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

The warning message appears when you scope the remote point to a vertex. Also, please see if the following discussion helps.

Attaching a point mass on a beam in Modal ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum

Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.