Fluids

Fluids

One way and Two way FSI using fluent

• mohammedlaminemekhalfia
      Subscriber

Dear All ansys users.

I am performing a one-way and two way fluid structure Interaction, my objective is to plot the displacement of a point at the tip of canilivred beam against time.

the Pressure input was 1 bar stepped so I choose the transient solver and I used a profile that describe this step function.

I monitored the velocity and the total absolute pressure on the beam surface which are a good fit to the calculated values. below the velocity magnitude

Subscriber
      Thanks in advance for your kind advices
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      See if you can add a separate Results section, then link Mechanical and Fluent to it. Otherwise one for
      Subscriber
      for the one way FSI, I tried to change the solver to static and import the load from fluent in different methods yet, I have the same result just one point plot or the curve in the figure attached to the original post, I read in some previous post that I need to add a data transfer section but it was not very helpful as I think it is possible if the data are few but in my case, I have 40000 points so...
      for the 2 way FSI, still the same I tried to add a new results section and even start a new project but I still could not link the two sections.
      Thanks a lot for the reply
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello:
      Please refer to the tutorial I shared with you here and see if this addresses your issue.
      Problem with Coupled 2-Way FSI ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
      Karthik
      Subscriber
      for the two way FSI , in reality I was following the tutorial in this video
      " target="blank">ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction - Part 2 - YouTube
      for my first part with one way FSI, I could not find any resources about ''data transfer'' as in some of the previous post they mention that this the solution of the problem of ready transient displacement in structural analysis section
  • Stephen Orlando
    Ansys Employee
    For your first question, please also watch the first part of the tutorial video found here
    " target="blank">
    . You can monitor the displacement of a point in Mechanical with a Result Tracker. More info on that here: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/wb_sim/ds_Result_Tracker_o_r.html
    For your second question, please see my response here: https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/132807#Comment_132807
    Steve
  • Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.