Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Only finite elements

• Sysser
      Subscriber
      Hello I want to use ANSYS for finite element solution, I'm student, which one of the following I need to install ?
      -ANSYS Discovery Live Student
      -Discovery AIM Student
      -ANSYS Student

thanks you

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

ANSYS Student will give you access to more details of a Finite Element model.

• Sysser
      Subscriber

Actually I'm asking, because ANSYS Student does not work for me, I had the following error : 

"Ans.SceneGraphChart.SceneGraphAddin"

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/error-with-workbench-scenegraphchart/

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please list the suggestions/checks from that thread that you have tried

• Sysser
      Subscriber

Hello,

So : 

-I changed my username ( I create a new one without accent, even mine doesn have ), I put my PC in english language.

-I installed the new nvdia drivers ( i have a 940M )

-I put "high performance" in nvidia control panel

-I renamed %APPDATA%Ansys

to

%APPDATA%Ansys_old

I uninstall and install again several times ( all 3 version, the discovery version doesnt not have bench, but aim student has one, and it the same error )

NB :

I installed in my D: harddisk,  I didnt try in my system disk C: because it's only 20go free left.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thanks for the info.

Let's focus only on the 'ANSYS Student' package for now as it's the main package for Workbench.

Please post the screenshot of this "Ans.SceneGraphChart.SceneGraphAddin" error, make sure you expand the 'Details' part and that it shows the entire message in the screenshot (or you can copy and paste the message in here)

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.