August 5, 2018 at 4:06 pm
August 5, 2018 at 10:09 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Build a bigger breakwater?
August 6, 2018 at 12:25 pm
August 6, 2018 at 12:48 pmRobAnsys Employee
How have you created the blockage? I ask as the free surface looks to ignore it, and as it ought to be a void (no mesh), that doesn't make sense.
August 6, 2018 at 2:01 pm
August 6, 2018 at 2:07 pmRobAnsys Employee
Please read up on Boolean Subtract. In isothermal models you only tend to model the fluid bit, you've got overlapping mesh and the box isn't doing anything other than confusing the results.
August 7, 2018 at 8:29 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
It might be that the blockage is ignored as you are initializing with the wave. Carry out the run and tell us what you are seeing.
August 8, 2018 at 7:38 pmShafaqSubscriber
August 9, 2018 at 11:02 amRobAnsys Employee
Looking at that result, the wave has gone over the blockage and you need to check the back flow on the outlet to make sure the water can leave. The water-air interface also looks diffuse so you may also need to refine the mesh in that area.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.