June 22, 2019 at 6:22 amJAAASubscriber
As I am a beginner to Ansys Fluent, I would like to ask you a few questions. My purpose of the simulation is to analyze the pressure on the bow when the waves hit the model. However, as my waves approach the model, it looks like it has already dampened to a much lower wave height compared to the wave height at the initial inlet position (I am not sure of the reason why it happens). In addition, when I increase the number of waves, it looks like the wave height has been significantly increased as well (I am not sure why it happens) In summary, I am trying to stimulate a regular wave with defined wave height and wavelength from the inlet to hit the model.
My set-up is as follows:
2) VOF- Open-channel Flow, Open Channel BC, Implicit body force, Interfacial anti-diffusion.
3) Phase 1 (air), Phase 2 (Water-liquid)
4) Boundary Conditions
- Atmosphere (Pressure Outlet, Without Open- channel)
- Outlet (Pressure outlet, With open-channel)
- Velocity Inlet (Shallow water intermediate waves, Number of waves 3)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.