August 3, 2023 at 1:02 amZimeng JiaSubscriber
Dear Ansys technical support,
I encounter two problems when importing Hyperworks mesh file in Ansys Workbench.
- I try to import the hyperworks mesh file as NAS. filetype, and after click the update on the 'Setup' block, there's an informational messages as followsCould you please help me with what the 'user input' it is required to update and see the model in Static Structural?
- I try to import the same hyperworks mesh file as CDB file type, I have also unchecked the box which says' check valid cdb file', and this time there's an error message as follows:Looking forward to your kind reply!!
August 3, 2023 at 7:24 am
August 3, 2023 at 3:21 pmZimeng JiaSubscriber
Thanks for your immediate reply. Following your instructions, I have this error :
- I right click on the 'Model' cell of the Finite Element Modeler ( Unsupported), then I choose the cdb mesh file
- After I chose the cdb mesh file, the Finite element modeler automatically pops out, but it shows the error below:
Is my way of choosing the mesh file incorrect or is it something dealing with student license?
August 4, 2023 at 6:09 amAshish KumarForum Moderator
It seems that you do not have the license available.
August 4, 2023 at 10:39 amZimeng JiaSubscriber
I'm on a student license, Do you mean the student license does not allow importing hypersorks CDB file into ANSYS?
if so what's the way to import Hyperworks CDB mesh file into ANSYS WORKBENCH then?
thanks and looking forward to your help!
August 4, 2023 at 10:42 amAshish KumarForum Moderator
Can you please check why you are in Read-Only mode (as per the error message)? Please try closing out and reopening the model.
August 4, 2023 at 4:31 pm
August 7, 2023 at 12:46 am
August 7, 2023 at 7:13 pmZimeng JiaSubscriber
I followed the posts Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical, deleted the previous versions, and redownloaded Ansys 2022 R2 (V222).
Then, I followed Read only (ansys.com), but it says
So I cannot launch the 'License Preferences' GUI.
I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, is it possible if we have an online meeting so that you could take a closer look and advise me?
August 18, 2023 at 3:54 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
- Acoustics model in Ansys 18.1
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.