Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Opening Issue

• jdfrad
      Subscriber

I just recently uninstalled Ansys 18.1 and downloaded Ansys Aim 19.1. Everything downloaded well, but when I click the link to Ansys Aim i get this message:

I have uninstalled then reinstalled the program and I get the same error. So, then I erased everything on my computer that had to do with ansys and re-downloaded it and then reinstalled it and I get the same issue. Any thoughts?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Did you "Run as administrator" setup.exe?

• jdfrad
      Subscriber

Yes

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

It seems like some kind of a graphics issue. What kind of graphics card are you using?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• jdfrad
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am running an Intel(R) Graphics Card

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please go through this link here and make sure you have the necessary infrastructure to run AIM 19.1 on your system?

https://www.ansys.com/solutions/solutions-by-role/it-professionals/platform-support

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• jdfrad
      Subscriber

Karthik,

Thank you for the link. I have read the entire page and did not see an enumeration of what capabilities my processor, gpu, etc. should have. I did see that there are a number of gpus that have been tested and are supported by Ansys. Does that mean that these are the only cards that Ansys can run on, or are these just a loose recommendation?

Thank you

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

The document contains the cards we have tested and that is why are named "certified". Moreover there is a note in the documentation stating that the use of integrated Intel graphics cards is not recommended. These cards are typically found in lightweight laptops or notebooks, and are known to have OpenGL incompatibilities resulting in display issues in AIM

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi jdfrad,

I agree with above that the graphics card is the issue here; however, in a rare occasion, we've seen some cases with untested graphics card that got it to work by updating the graphics driver to the latest available from the vendor website. If that doesn't help, unfortunately, the only way to make sure that it works is to use one of those tested graphics cards.

Thank you,

Win

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi jdfrad,

Best if you can upgrade to a certified card, but while you are waiting, see if SpaceClaim 19.1 will start.
      From the Windows Start Menu, under ANSYS 19.1 select SCDM 19.1 and see if SpaceClaim starts.
      If it does, there are some Options to select a different Renderer. You can get more details after you see if it starts at all.
      Try this after you have upgraded to the latest driver for your Intel graphics card.

Regards,

Peter

• jdfrad
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of your responses. I will try to update my driver followed by trying SpaceClaim. If that does not work I have a computing lab on campus that has some available computing time set aside for students so I can go there.

Thanks Again,

Jacob

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Please let us know what you find.

Good luck.

Thank you.

Best,

Karthik

• Cruze86
      Subscriber
      Hello, I am having issue while opening, it shows the error fortran severe (47) and it is crashing. Can anyone help me with this problem? My graphics card is gtx 1050ti and cpu is intel i5-8300h. I am using the student version.
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please create a new thread and post the screenshot of the issue.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.