Fluids

Fluids

Operating Pressure issue

Subscriber

Hello Everyone,
      I am planning to simulate flow of water vapor inside the reactor at p_actual(absolute)=1bar and p_actual=10bar, to see the effect of pressure.
      In ANSYS p_real=p_operating+p_gauge (correct me if I am wrong).

I tried two different cases.
      CASE I = P_operating=10bar, p_outlet=0bar, mass flow inlet=0.5kg/s, T_inlet=673K and density =incompressible ideal gas,
      CASE II=P_operating=1bar, p_outlet=9bar, mass flow inlet=0.5kg/s, T_inlet=673K and density =incompressible ideal gas,

My question is that why I am getting two different results because real pressure =10bar only.

Is it because density is calculated based on the operating pressure, and if if its true then how do I know that which CASE (either I or II) will give me correct results?

Thanks in advance.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Can you post the results and inlet panel? Read the definition for incompressible ideal gas, pressure shouldn't have any effect on density. 

Subscriber

Hello Rob,

Thanks for replying. Please see the inputs for both cases and let me know which one is correct because my p_in (absolute) which I am getting is different for both simulations.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Gauge pressure is the same (within a couple of Pascals) between the two cases : 137079.3 Pa v 137077.5 Pa

Subscriber

Hello Rob, I agree that but my question is which P_inlet (absolute) I have to consider as a final result?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.