November 16, 2023 at 3:40 pmdmaoSubscriber
We would like to simulate the optical back reflection for a TiN-based phase heater. Could you please provide me with some examples/suggestions?
November 17, 2023 at 12:34 amAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
Would you be able to provide more details about the device? For example, do you just want to look at reflection or any other results? Are you expecting to see some index perturbation due to the temperature and you want to account for that while calculating the reflection? Thank you!
November 17, 2023 at 2:07 amdmaoSubscriber
There are two phase heaters we are trying to test. One is the traditional metal on top of the Si waveguide. Another one is based on doping region. The highly doped region is used as a resistor to generate heat and change the phase. For both cases, we would like to test the optical back reflection.
Any advice would be helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.