Electronics

Electronics

Optimetrics in ansys simplorer

• sidharthpunia10500
      Subscriber

Can anybody suggest me some reference material on setting up optimization sweeps to maximize a particular quantity over the variation of other quantities in ansys simplorer. 

Thanks!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I haven't used Simplorer, but I see the example you are trying to optimize.

I have studied Robust Design methods and learned how to use a Design of Experiments (DOE) to study the response of a system to variation in both design parameters as well as variation in loads, variation in material properties and variation in what I would generally describe as Noise Factors.

For Structural models in Mechanical, have just relied on the Workbench Parameter Set to run the simulations of all the design parameters and noise factors to get the output response. I would then use Excel or a Statistics package to analyze the DOE.

ANSYS DesignXplorer includes Six Sigma Analysis, which automates some of what I have done in Workbench Parameter Set runs, but I haven't had an opportunity to run that module yet.

Regards,

Peter

• sidharthpunia10500
      Subscriber

Sorry, I did not get what you wanted to suggest. 

Are you saying that I should look at DesignXplorer for optimizing my design?

Regards!

Sidharth

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Yes, take a look at DesignXplorer. I know I can connect a Mechanical model to it, but I don't know if you can connect a Simplorer model as I don't have a Simplorer license to use.

Regards,

Peter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.