June 19, 2019 at 2:36 amAnanth NarayanSubscriber
Hello, I am currently working on project where a part needs to be optimized. A sphere falling from 120 meter, due to acceleration the speed while hitting ground will be 80 m/s. Now I have done this in CFD Fluent. Now on structural system I linked solution to setup, which gives me imported data for pressure. For imported pressure I have chosen surface and what should I choose for transfer definition (Inlet, Outlet, Partbody). But question comes here. For structural analysis any part must be fixed, which part should I fix to get solution done. Or is there any way to solve. All I need is to optimize the falling sphere at 80 m/s. Once structural analysis is done, I will proceed with coupling modal and topology optimization
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.