March 5, 2022 at 8:15 pmwilliamfraser3Subscriber
I have created a project in FDTD where I am trying to optimize some parameters of a metasurface to maximize the intensity of the E field at the focal spot. I have a point frequency-domain field and power monitor positioned at the center of the focal spot. In the optimizer, I have the E result from this monitor set as the figure of merit in the Setup tab then I use the following line to calculate the intensity as fom in the figure of merit script.
fom = sum(abs(E)^2);
I let it run overnight and it seemed stuck at 1 for a while until the fom shot up to 25:March 8, 2022 at 12:10 pmGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
Thank you for posting your question. I tend to find the custom figure of merit a bit tricky to troubleshoot, sometimes, so I would suggest to use "model" as an analysis group, to calculate the custom FOM there and use it directly in the optimization task. I think it is easier and you can check the figure of merit is properly calculated just by running the simulation and checking its value.
I hope this will help!
March 8, 2022 at 3:26 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeIn this case, please use the same result as the FOM. In the Optimization GUI it shows the best parameters. Please make sure you used the exact values shown there. If problem still exists, please send us an email with file attached with this post link.
March 8, 2022 at 7:39 pmwilliamfraser3SubscriberThis fixed my problem. Thank you!
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.