August 26, 2022 at 9:04 amefebSubscriber
I am working on design of IPM motors and I am trying to optimize my
design epecially rotor magnets and flux barriers .
I have some technical questions that how to flux barriers is customize
on Motor-Cad. As you know, rotor magnet topology that available in
Motor-Cad library have so many sharp corner. I need to parametrized
the flux barier with smooth corner for the optimization.
The only method is write a custom codes ? or is it possible to define
new parameter for flux barrier on Motor-Cad ?
September 1, 2022 at 9:08 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
MotorCAD could support imported .dxf CAD file for the simulation, but we would not parameterize it.
Please use Maxwell for the optimization of the geometry.
September 2, 2022 at 7:47 amefebSubscriber
Many thanks for your answer. Is there any training documantation about hairpin winding design in Maxwell also custom design of IPM motors ?
Thank You :)
September 2, 2022 at 12:01 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
A document on the hairpin winding is in C:\ANSYS_Motor-CAD\15_1_7\Tutorials\Ansys_Maxwell. It is much easier for you to use MotorCAD design the winding and export it to Maxwell.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem