October 6, 2020 at 9:14 amSamir KadamAnsys Employee
In Nastran the deformable links, RBE3, can connect all or some of the degrees of freedom. Does ANSYS do the same?October 6, 2020 at 10:39 amAniketAnsys EmployeeRBE2 (rigid) can be related to Rigid Remote Points, the same cannot be said of RBE3.RBE3 requires the user to put weight values (which can be hard to calculate by hand for a general, non-uniform mesh), but weight functions are calculated automatically by the solver in Ansys.
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
October 6, 2020 at 11:15 ampeteroznewmanSubscriberTry typing RBE3 into the search box (use the magnifying glass icon in the menu bar) and you will get a long list of discussions where more examples can be found.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.