May 10, 2022 at 12:15 pml_koersSubscriber
I usually work from my Windows laptop and use remote sessions of Fluent 2021R1 to solve on a HPC server (RHEL8) which also serves as the license server.
Because we had a temporary 2021R2 license for some time in 2021, LM 2021R2 is still installed. I ran ans_uninstall212 to get rid of all R2 products.
When I connect to the server by a PuTTY and VNC connection I'm able to boot workbench 2021R2, no toolboxes are available since I uninstalled all products but no errors are given as well.
When I boot workbench2021R1 or Fluent 2021R1, I get license errors. Keep in mind I can launch Fluent R1 in remote parallel mode from Windows.
Workbench 2021:May 13, 2022 at 12:11 pmGeorge KarnosAnsys EmployeeIt sounds like something still needed was deleted when the uninstall happened.
Does /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing exist?
Does the /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing /ansyslmd.ini exists? Is the hostname in this file the correct hostname of the current license server?
May 13, 2022 at 1:13 pml_koersSubscriberHi Geo Thanks for your suggestions.
The licensing folder is there on the Linux server and containing the .ini-file. Which is empty however, strange.
The .ini on PC contains:
I copied this to the .ini on the server but the problem persists.
May 13, 2022 at 1:19 pmGeorge KarnosAnsys EmployeeUnder $home/.ansys you should see License debug files.
Check the licdebug.FLUENT.211.out file for errors and post them.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘OS dependent license error’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Licensing – Request name does not exist in the licensing pool
- 2022 R1 Ansys Mechanical APDL: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
- error “ansyslmd: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10032)
- The analysis systems in Workbench are missing
- Student license renewal
- Mechanical APDL Launcher Options
- how to open files created from newer version by using the older version of ansys
- Problems using 2022/R2
- Results Probe in ANSYS Workbench
- Unable to delete system in Ansys Workbench
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.