Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Discuss installation & licensing of our Ansys Teaching and Research products

OS dependent license error

• l_koers
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I usually work from my Windows laptop and use remote sessions of Fluent 2021R1 to solve on a HPC server (RHEL8) which also serves as the license server.

Because we had a temporary 2021R2 license for some time in 2021, LM 2021R2 is still installed. I ran ans_uninstall212 to get rid of all R2 products.

When I connect to the server by a PuTTY and VNC connection I'm able to boot workbench 2021R2, no toolboxes are available since I uninstalled all products but no errors are given as well.

When I boot workbench2021R1 or Fluent 2021R1, I get license errors. Keep in mind I can launch Fluent R1 in remote parallel mode from Windows.

Workbench 2021:

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      It sounds like something still needed was deleted when the uninstall happened.
      Does /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing exist?
      Does the /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing /ansyslmd.ini exists? Is the hostname in this file the correct hostname of the current license server?

• l_koers
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo Thanks for your suggestions.
      The licensing folder is there on the Linux server and containing the .ini-file. Which is empty however, strange.
      The .ini on PC contains:
      I copied this to the .ini on the server but the problem persists.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Under $home/.ansys you should see License debug files.
      Check the licdebug.FLUENT.211.out file for errors and post them.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘OS dependent license error’ is closed to new replies.