November 5, 2018 at 11:32 pml_smithSubscriber
I can't seem to set an output variable with two arguments. For me, I would like to calculate the group velocity from the complex propagation constant, so I would like to plot:
GV = 1/deriv(im(Gamma(1)), 2*pi*Freq)
According to the HFSS help documentation this should be possible:
deriv(quantity, SweepVariable) explicitly means derivative over the sweep variable specified in the second argument (such as "Freq").
Except I can't get 'deriv' to work with any two arguments, meaning:
also doesn't work. 'deriv(Freq)' (one argument) works fine using the primary sweep.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks for any help!
note: I know I can use the group delay variable, but that's not what I want
November 14, 2018 at 10:31 amRobAnsys Employee
I've checked, and this has been logged as a problem: you're (probably) not missing anything obvious.
May 27, 2019 at 1:59 ambanaful2464Subscriber
I am having the same problem. Is there any solution?
May 27, 2019 at 2:04 aml_smithSubscriberI never heard anything else from this, I just ended up exporting the data then using Python to perform whatever operations that I wanted.
August 5, 2020 at 9:11 amKapilGavaliSubscriberis the above problem solved?n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.