July 31, 2018 at 9:53 pmda1767Subscriber
I am working with mixing of printing polymer and solid syntactic foam balloon particles in order to yield a uniform mixing of balloons within the polymer. I'm using fluent DDPM-KTGF model. But, on injecting particles the solid particle concentration near the inlet is very very high. Upon careful observation I noticed that multiple parcels were actually overlapping each other near the inlet that is why the volume fraction and the concentration was very high.
Therefore, I am searching for a solution to counter the over lapping of particles that causes divergence, reverse flows etc. Any help would be appreciated.
August 1, 2018 at 8:55 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Please check in the help "Staggering of Particles in Space and Time". That might be useful for you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.