Fluids

Fluids

Ozone depletion in an Indoor Air quality study

• Bibill
      Subscriber

Dear all,

I would like to perform CFD simulations of indoor air quality in a room where there are two sources of Ozone.

How can I simply model the averaged processus of Ozone depletion in a steady RANS simulation? Do you have any ressources or tutorials to advice ?

Thanks in advance!

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello:
      I'm not sure if I understand your ask right. Can you help us understand the end objective of your simulation? If you are attempting to understand the depletion of Ozone in the room, it may have to be an unsteady simulation.
      Karthik
    • Bibill
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your answer Kremella
      My objective is to compute the average ozone concentration in a room in which there are two continuous ozone sources. They are located 2meters above the ground
      I'd like to include some kinetics mechanisms in a steady RANS simulation to analysis the ozone concentration near the ground.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You'll need to include a reaction model if the ozone breaks down. Otherwise, just use species with no reactions and monitor the concentration using an isosurface or points.
    • Bibill
      Subscriber
      Ok thank you Rob for you nice answer, I'll include a reaction model for the O3 break down! Do you have any tutorial or resources to advice ?

Thanks in advance!
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Only what's in the Help system.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.