Fluids

Fluids

Parallel Error dynamic mesh plus DPM

• mashimaro_star
      Subscriber

Dear All,

I met an interesting errors when I use the dynamic mesh plus DPM simulations (only with 1 udf which defined the particle time step).

"dynamic mesh fluent 999999: mpt_accept: error: accept failed: No such file or directory". This came at the time when the unsteady airflow field converged. So I am guessing it is the problem because of the unsteady particle tracking.

I checked the case with only the airflow simulation and dynamic mesh, no errors interrupted the simulation.

The particle number injected is around 50,000 (5 injections at 5 time stations using injection files written by ourselves).

Could you please see if there is any solution for this kind of problem? Should I switch the parallel mode for DPM? Thank you. Best regards

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Is your problem solved as seen on other thread. 

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/2-6971-of-the-total-discrete-phase-mass-was-not-tracked-for-the-expected-residence-time/

Regards,

Keyur

• mashimaro_star
      Subscriber

Hi Keyur,

Thank you for asking me. Not yet. Should I follow the same advice and expect the this problem to be solved? Thank you. Best

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Does the error happen within the first time the particles are injected? 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Which version you are using?

Thought I dont know your exact case, few generic guidelines are as follows. 

Looks like you are using file injection. can you please check if you have read - write permissions to the corresponding folders and files. Please make sure that you dont have any spaces or special characters in folder or file name. 

Can you please try surface injection and test it. 

Can you please set it up in serial and then run in parallel. 

Regards,

Keyur

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.