Fluids

Fluids

Parameterizing the reaction rates

• atul.srivastava216
      Subscriber

Hello.

I am trying to parameterize the reaction rates in ANSYS Fluent. And for that, I am supplying the following TUI command. 

(rp-var-define 'param 2 'integer #f)

Be noted that I am a complete newbie and it is the first TUI command I am writing. 

I am getting the following error.

> (rp-var-define ‘param 2 ‘integer #f)

Error: eval: unbound variable

Error Object: �eparam

Can anyone help me resolve it? 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That's an rp-var command, not a TUI command. Where did you find it? 

• atul.srivastava216
      Subscriber

I am sorry but where should I write that command ? In the Fluent console right?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

In the TUI panel, but as it's an rp-var (sets something in the backend of the solver) I would use with some caution. 

• atul.srivastava216
      Subscriber

In that case, what is the best way to parameterize activation energies and pre exponential factors of reactions in chemistry solver ? 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

At present the panels don't look to support parameterisation. Given how complex a reaction scheme is, and how long the run times can be it's something I'd always update manually.  The alternative would be to write a UDF and make the values you want to alter very obvious in the file. 

• atul.srivastava216
      Subscriber

Thanks. However, the problem is not the complexity of the reaction. The problem is that I want to run my simulation about 100 to 200 times for different combinations of reactions' activation energies and pre-exponential factors.  Doing that manually would be a hassle. I was thinking if somehow I could make them the parameters and using DesignXplorer DOE automate the process. In that case, I thought that may be, the rp-var command might help, but got the error (as in my first comment). 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The rp-var command may work, but check the syntax. Scheme is sensitive to misplaced spaces and '  

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.