Fluids

Fluids

Parameters in 2020 R2

• rkoomul
      Subscriber

I am looking for some help with the parameter definitions in Ansys/Fluent 2020 R2. I used to use Ansys 19.1 to define a mass source location with parameters and UDFs, and it used to work fine. In Ansys 19.1, I used “Input Parameters”, “More -> Use in UDF” and “New Parameter” to create the source location. After creating a new parameter, it used to appear under “Input Parameter” and also in the Workbench (see the images below).

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nWhat are you creating a parameter for? Also, in the parameter tab, you need to enter an expression or a value. You can also use the options to the left, like report definitions, preciously created expressions and so on. Please refer to the user's guide for a more details : https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_Input_Parameter_Properties.html?q=parametern
    • rkoomul
      Subscriber
      Thank you RK for your comments. I am panning to use the parameters in a UDF to specify a mass source. I have used a similar approach in Ansys 19.1 and it worked fine.nThe attached image shows the steps that I followed. I specified a numerical value for the parameter (see step 5). But, it is still giving the error message. Also, as soon as I click New Parameter (step 4), I am getting the error message marked on the image.nnn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.