Fluids

Fluids

Parameters in fluent UDF

• argenisbnl
      Subscriber

Hello everyone

I'm using a UDF to define a developed laminar velocity profile in a pipe as a boundary condition, I create the geometry (2D axisymetric) in design modeler, and defined radius and lenght of the pipe as parameters.

I want to include this geometric parameters in the UDF but I can't, because in fluent, I only see the parameters I create in fluent, like the velocity. I work on student license.

Am I missing something?

Is that fluent do not read parameters that were not created in fluent?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

You can create parameter in Fluent. Then it will show up on WB project page. On WB Project page, under Parameter Set tab, please assign particular value or expression to this parameter. You can make this parameter equal to value of parameter defined in DM. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Keyur

• argenisbnl
      Subscriber

Hello Keyur, thank you for respond.

I'm sorry but, how should I do that? Because, I know how to create parameter in fluent, but in boundary conditions, fluid properties, where this parameters are created with the units of velocity, density, viscosity, etc. I do not know how to create a parameter form zero in fluent.

Other thing, in the parameter tab on WB, the parameters  have defined some properties, and I can't put where the value is, something like: "P2", because fluent show me a message like: "P2" is not a valid numeric value, or something like that. I guess it is because it's defined as a constant value. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

What do you want do with the parameter?

• argenisbnl
      Subscriber

Hello

Use it on a UDF for a pipe velocity profile (laminar)

Greetings

Argenis

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Check 6.1.8.2.2. Defining UDFs With Input Parameters in Fluent Solution's Guide for knowing how to access an Input Parameter in UDF.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.