February 23, 2023 at 2:41 pmHAOYU LIUSubscriber
I am doing the UTC PD simulation with charge now, the materials are Si and Ge. for the Ge, I need to set the taun, taup andNref.The default value 1e-5 is too larege that the responsivity means almost all the photogenerated carriers are collected. I have checked your examples of Ge pd, three examples use three parameters 1e-8,1e-9,1e-10. Which one is right? Or is there some reference for the parameters setting of Ge?
Also, when I open the high field mobility model, the simulation always error, how to do the setting with this model?
February 23, 2023 at 9:02 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I personally think that there is no "right" value for all the cases, since it depends on the material and process techniques . You can choose one that fits your device, and the result is reasonable.
As for the high field mobility, you may choose different mechanism and test if it works for you. You may also modify the vsta values.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.