Fluids

Fluids

Parameters on Fluent not Updating

• Michele29
      Subscriber

Hi,

Im currently modelling a 2D vertical axis wind turbine for my dissertation. I am using steady state flow in order to obtain my results however im running into problems with the design points. I need to rotate my domain in 10 degree increments and take an average reading of torque for all 3 of my blades. I also notice the torque unit in the parameters is in J, but when I compute it in solution it gives in the Nm.

When I update all design points the error message - "(DP 0) The Setup component in Fluid Flow (Fluent) for Design Point 0 requires user input before it can be updated. For instructions on how to address the cell in its current state, click the blue triangle in the lower right corner of the cell in the Project Schematic." appears. 

I'd be grateful of any guidance given.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Open Fluent and see what's wrong: how are you changing the angle in Fluent? Moving the geometry or changing the wind angle?

• Michele29
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply... Im changing the geometry, the wind angle isn't being changed. Although it says to look at the blue tick I the project schematic, the message reads "All data is up to date and no attention is required"

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Make DP1 current (click on that line in the table) then go into geometry and set the parameter P3 to 10 degrees and manually force the design point through.  Changing an angle/value from or to  0 can cause problems depending on the dimension definitions as you may be changing model topology.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.