3D Design

3D Design

Parametrezation In ICEM

• alimjalled
      Subscriber

Hello Everyone,

I created a parametric geometry in SpaceClaim and I want to mesh this geometry in ICEM. I want that the Mesh automatically generates when I update the geometry by changing the parameters. I gave name to almost every important line in my geometry for the Mesh, they all appear in the PART tree in ICEM.

I did the mesh in ICEM manually and recorded the script to see the basic commands I want to perform. The problem is that the naming of the curves is completely different than what I want. For example I have INLET line, when I select it it appears EDGEExx. I have also one wavy line ( crated from spline in spaceclaim), it's divided into many edges.

So basically the problem I am facing is that the number of edges depends on the geometry parameters and I want to generalize my script but I don't know how to do that. I hope that you can help me in solving my issue.

Thank you in advance

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      It would be different. What is application?
      Please use SpaceClaim --> Ansys Mehsing in WB for parameteriziation.
      Please go through help manual for more details

Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      How to show full resolution image
      Guidelines on the Student Community
      How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
    • alimjalled
      Subscriber
      But I have problem with Inflation when I do meshing in Ansys Meshing. To have a structured Q4 mesh, I want to use face meshing, and when I use face meshing the inflation is not active. Am I doing something wrong ?
      Thank you
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      If you are going to use it for Fluent, can you please check if you can use tet + inflation?
    • alimjalled
      Subscriber
      Yes it's fine and I can use it, but I also have a problem which I posted in another thread: https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/118018#Comment_118018. When I make another design point and I run the simulation, and
      set it as current and check the mesh, I can't see inflation, so why the inflation control is not transmitted to other design points ? The inflation is set to Named selection.
      I Really appreciate if you can help me in this, since it's crucial point in my thesis.
      Thanks in advance.

• alimjalled
      Subscriber
      Only in this example I used geometry selection for the face, but in my project it's also face selection and changed nothing.
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      If you are using Face meshing, you can use edge biasing to get inflation effect.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      How to show full resolution image
      Guidelines on the Student Community
      How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
    • alimjalled
      Subscriber
      Yes I know that I can do biasing and I know also how, but can you tell me please how to make it from both sides ? is it possible without splitting the edge in 2 halves ? I want to perform the same mesh posted below and I want just guidelines.
      Thank you

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Yes, you can give bias from both sides. Under bias you can select it.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.