Tagged: Ansys Discovery, Explore-FAQ
July 2, 2021 at 12:05 amyokoyama.akihisaSubscriber
I have two questions. I hope you will teach me.
・How do I perform parametric analysis in ANSYS Discovery Explore？
・How do I launch a probe in ANSYS Discovery Explore?
July 2, 2021 at 7:43 amSubashni RavichandranAnsys EmployeeHello Akihisa Yokoyama
- You can create parameter by clicking on the parameter icon beside any dimension The parameters created and other operations associated to it can be viewed next to Explore at the bottom of your screen Please check out below examples for Parametric study in Explore mode. https://discoveryforum.ansys.com/t/g9h8knl/discovery-parametric-design-study-of-a-heat-sink https://discoveryforum.ansys.com/t/q6hx90d/discovery-tie-rod-connector-stress-simulation
- There is no probe creation in Discovery, but you can create a monitor on a point, but the point must be created in SpaceClaim or come from a previous CAD tool. See the steps below.Create a monitor and choose "Custom" Select the Advanced Filter option Select a point on the model, choose variable and click the check mark
July 7, 2021 at 10:13 amyokoyama.akihisaSubscriber
Thank you for your reply
1. Regarding parametric analysis, there are dimensions that can be patterned and dimensions that cannot be patterned. What is the difference?
2. Regarding create a monitor, After creating a point, you cannot select Mises stress when specifying variables. Is there a way to create a Mises stress probe?
July 8, 2021 at 12:04 pmSubashni RavichandranAnsys Employee
Hello Akihisa Yokoyama
- I'm not sure I understand this query correctly, can you please explain in a more detailed way what you mean by patterned?
- The point need to be created in a different CAD software such as SpaceClaim and them imported along with the geometry. This is a bug in the current version and will hopefully be corrected in future versions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Copy user settings to new release
- Electric Heating – Ansys AIM
- Unexpected graphics error
- loss of user settings
- Dwg export error
- Can’t see license on online account
- Natural frequencies limited to first 6 modes
- Discovery AIM Mesh Error
- problem to access on the spaceclaim help
- Unsymmetric result
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.