Fluids

Fluids

Parametric Initialization in Fluent using Workbench Input Parameters

• AidanPowers
      Subscriber

Is there any way to set variables in my standard initialization, such as gauge pressure, to an input parameter from workbench?

The initial state of the transient simulation I am running has the same values as the outlet, so perhaps that could be leveraged.

Hybrid initialization invalidates the result, however if I could trick the hybrid initialization to work like standard initialization based on the outlet that would also be acceptable.

Hybrid initialization with 0 iterations gets it correct except for the temperature being 84.1 kelvin instead of 1000 kelvin

Edit: I can get the proper initial temperature by setting the wall temperature to the outlet temperature

Patches may also work but I can find no way to parametrically define them, or have them persist across multiple design points.

All the solutions I have seen so far are not helpful as they simply say to use Fluent without workbench or CFX. I might be able to use CFX but that would be a last resort.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      As far as I know there is no direct way to set parameter for gauge pressure for standard initialization.
      You may check scheme commands.
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      How to show full resolution image
      Guidelines on the Student Community
      How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.