3D Design

3D Design

Parametric sketch in SpaceClaim 2022

• juan_david_barragan
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner in SpaceClaim. So i want to draw a sketch with parametrical dimensions. But i couldnt figure out how to do it in SpaceClaim. I am a pro level solidworks-inventor user and i can do it in these cad softwares so easily. But SC dont let me dimension my sketch . And i've created some parameters but couldnt assign them as dimensions too. Please help me.

Thank you.

Juan David

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello:
      You should be able to find several video resources on this topic if you search for the following keywords - "spaceclaim parametric dimensions". Please let us know if this helps.
      Karthik
    • juan_david_barragan
      Subscriber
      I didn't find information on how to parameterize in two dimensions, I have a parabolic curve but I can't parameterize it in the sketch, I have ansys 2022 and this problem is supposed to be similar to others (I did not find information on how to parameterize in two dimensions, I have a parabolic curve but I cannot parameterize it in the sketch, I have ansys 2022 and this problem is supposed to be similar to others (https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/15739/parametric-sketch-in-spaceclaim-19) and features were added to the latest versions of ansys) that features were added to the latest versions of ansys.
    • juan_david_barragan
      Subscriber
      I didn't find information on how to parameterize in two dimensions, I have a parabolic curve but I can't parameterize it in the sketch, I have ansys 2022 and this problem is supposed to be similar to others (https://forum.ansys. com/discussion/ 15739/ parametric-sketch-in-spaceclaim-19) that features were added to the latest versions of ansys.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Construct a parametric conical surface, and a parametric plane to make a vertical slice. The edge of the cut is a parabolic curve. Revolve that to make a fully parameterized parabolic surface.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.