General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Parametrize tabular force

• johnstn
      Subscriber

Hello

I would like to parameterize the value of a force in a named selection (some faces) only on a timestep. I noticed that it is not possible to parameterize the tabular force, only constant. The value of the applied force should be zero for the first timesteps.

I've been doing some research and saw that it is possible to manipulate the load with commands (through arguments). However, I don't have much knowledge of how to do it. Could someone help me?

Thank you

Tabular Data:

Constant values allow the option to parametrize:

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

So to do this you will need to understand the MAPDL language (see MAPDL command reference for details).

Then 

Look at the ds.dat file which is the input file going to the apdl solver and that was created by mechanical.

In there (ds.dat) you should find some loads defined by sf or sfe commands - then look these commands up in the command reference in the help manual and try to understand them - once you do you can add command snippets in mechanical trying and as you say use parameters with their arguments ARG1,....

Hope this helps

• johnstn
      Subscriber

Hi Erik

Thank you for the answer. I was browsing the dat file but I didn't get why these values. I applied 100N, 200N and 300N to the area, but got these values:

Would you know why? Thank you

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

It applies Force/Face_area, that is why it is like that (so pressure force) 

all the best

Erik

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.