April 9, 2020 at 7:18 amBenjamim2020Subscriber
Hello, i'm doing an analysis of a prestressed beam, this prestressing is made with structural stell cable, the beam is a metal beam of the "I" profile type.
I'm fiding some erros, i already tried to exchange the beams for cables in the gometry confifurations in definitions - modal type.
Attached is the imagens with the erros, i wanted some help, thank you!
April 9, 2020 at 11:36 amAniketAnsys Employee
Firstly switch on Large Deflections in Analysis setting under solver controls.
For the next step, do a Modal analysis first to check the sufficiency of your BCs and contacts. If you see no zero-frequency mode then proceed to the static analysis.
April 11, 2020 at 12:36 amBenjamim2020Subscriber
Hello Aniket. Good evening! I understand, I will try to do what I said, thank you very much.
April 13, 2020 at 7:54 pmBenjamim2020Subscriber
Hello good afternoon!
When and why to activate the large deflection?
April 15, 2020 at 6:58 amAniketAnsys Employee
Did you do the modal analysis first and checked for rigid body modes?
Why activate large deflection: because you are getting a warning for the same!
Please check the following blog from our channel partner for more information:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.