May 18, 2023 at 4:31 amAnurag KayasthaSubscriber
I am simulating oil sepration using cyclone separator. I am performing transient simulation with Total time of 0.15 sceonds (1500 iterations and 0.0001 sec step size). Air is taken as Continous phase and Diesel is taken as discrete phase, with surface injection for the time of 0.01 seconds. Air and Diesel velocity is taken same, i.e. 17.3 m/s. Inlet and outlet are having escape boundary condition, and bottom face of geometry is given trap condition to capture the oil particles incident on it.
After performing calculation I got particle Fate Report as shown in figure.
- Why inlet particles escaped is not equal to particles injected in simulation ?
- What is transformed and delete fate in report ?
- How to avoid delete fate in fate report ?
May 18, 2023 at 10:21 amRobAnsys Employee
What other models have you got switched on? Remember you're looking at PARCEL reports, not particles: the terms have been used interchangeably for decades and really shouldn't be.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.