Fluids

Fluids

Particle flow results and looking at the units.

• Lylad
      Subscriber

Hi, I have a question about the units of DPM concentration when looking at particle flow results.

I understand that the units are in kg/m^3 however I am confused at what the mass means as I have not provided a mass for the particles?

Also, is there a way to show the particle results as number of particles per cubic metre on ANSYS fluent as that would be easier to understand.

Thanks sorry for all the questions I just need clarification on how to interpret my results :)

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      There is a mass flow associated with the injection, default is 1e-20kg/s. Given we track parcels, and that these can be different sizes, weights etc count per cell or per m3 isn't much use in most cases.
    • Lylad
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob, thank you so much for your reply so the weight part of the units (kg/m^3) is taken from the mass flow ?
      So would it be more accurate if I calculate the mass flow rate for my particles ?
      Sorry for all the questions :)
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's taken from the parcel mass and cell volume: there's an explanation (of sorts) in the manual, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_fvdefs.html
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.