Fluids

Fluids

Particle Injection with DPM model

• soloviev
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am running a model in which I am trying to inject particles on a surface. I have tried setting the injection time to 0 and 1 s and stop at 1 and 2 seconds, respectively. The particles are not injecting at the specified time.

Thanks,
      Alex

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      How are then the particles injected?
    • soloviev
      Subscriber

The particles are not being injected at all. I am confused as to why they're not. 

Thanks,
      Alex

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Can you add screenshot of the point injection panel. By opening injection panael please hit on list. Do the lines printed make a sense
    • soloviev
      Subscriber

Is this the panel you are looking for? I don't see somewhere to select list though.

Thanks, Alex

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

So injection would start at 1 second and finishes after 2 seconds. You are using a total flow rate equal to 1e-20 kg/s: is this desired? Is the injection a placeholder injection or container for VOD-to-DPM particles?

• soloviev
      Subscriber

I have been trying to look into the users guide to find what exacly what setting this flow rate means for the particles. In this case I am trying to actually inject particles from a surface, not a placeholder for vof to dpm. 

Thanks,
      Alex

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Then it has to correspond to the total flow rate if the injection. Particle tine step size or flow time step size times that quantity correspond to the mass injected into the domain if carrying transient tracking. If I remember if you enable beta feature you might directly provide the mass.
    • soloviev
      Subscriber

I looked online for how to enable beta features, but couldn't find out how for standalone fluent. Could you give any direction in how to do so?

Thanks,
      Alex

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

To enable beta features in the Fluent console you go to the menu define then type bfa and answer the questions.

• soloviev
      Subscriber

Thank you, it seems these suggestions solved the issue. One last question, is there a way to specify the number of particles injected?

Thanks,
      Alex

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      That has to Do with the injection method under parcel method used . A brief ansewer yes. More details in the help where you can describe if you want to fix number of particles per parcel or mass or diameter or use standard which I recommend for you case. You can fix number of injected parcels for some injection methods and for surface injection too (beta)
    • soloviev
      Subscriber

Thank you!

-Alex

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.