Fluids

Fluids

Particle residence time animation in fluent

• cfdexplorer
      Subscriber
      Hello. I am simulating a domain with inlet and outlet and there are some particles injected during simulation (DPM model). Out of this, few particles escape the domain through outlet and rest stay in the domain by end of simulation. I wanted to have animation with particles residence time for particles that are escaping the domain only. So, when i animate, i should not see the particles that are staying in the domain. The animation should consist of residence time for particles that are exiting the domain only. Please help me in setting up such scheme.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you're running transient (or transient particles) change the particle display to sphere and adjust the size until you can see them. You then need to display the particles every some time steps and record an image. I'd suggest a journal if you already have the case & data files or Execute Commands during the run if you don't. n
    • cfdexplorer
      Subscriber
      I already completed the simulation in transient. nwhen you say change the particle display and size , were you referring it in CFD post ?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I tend to post process in Fluent, did you export the particle trajectory for Post as it's not part of the data file. n
    • cfdexplorer
      Subscriber
      I used the File -export- particle history data and File-export-solution datan
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.