March 13, 2022 at 10:27 pmabergSubscriber
Is there a way to use Lumerical's built-in particle swarm optimization with user-defined initial values of the parameters to be optimized? (Without writing a user-defined full script for the entire particle swarm algorithm, including next generation.) If not, is there an example script for particle swarm optimization provided somewhere by Lumerical, which I can modify? Thank you!March 25, 2022 at 8:27 pmKyleAnsys Employee
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to initiate the values for the particle swarm optimization, and I don't have an Lumerical script for the PSO algorithm. There are a couple of optimization scripts in the files on this page, but they are not PSO algorithms.
Are you trying to continue an optimization that finished? You can do this by updating the optimization settings, right clicking on the optimization object and clicking "Continue".
You could also consider using the Python or Matlab APIs to use their optimization features. The inverse design algorithms allow you to specify a starting point, though those algorithms are restricted to FOMs based on transmission into waveguide modes.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.