Fluids

Fluids

Particle track at specific time step/ flow time

• mh94
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have done a few simulations for a multiphase flow consisting of solid particles and a fluid in a straight pipe. How can I generate the particle tracks at a certain time step?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you have (DPM) particles in the domain then you can plot their location by reading that data set in and using the Results -> Particle Tracks. This should display a set of spheres/points representing the parcel positions. 

• mh94
      Subscriber

Thanks for your quick reply! I used steady solver and DPM with one-way coupling for my simulations. Unfortunately I didn't save the partial solutions for every nth-iteration. Is it still possible to display the particles e.g. after nth-iteration or certain flow time?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Are you using steady state flow with steady particle tracking or steady state flow with unsteady particle tracking. 

For steady particle tracking, particles are tracked from injection point to final state. 

For unsteady particle tracking, particle is advanced from its last position in previous DPM calculation. 

Please refer to help manual for more information. 

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

You can go through the following link which shows the particles tracks in multiphase flows.

Regards,

Seeta

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.