March 10, 2022 at 6:13 pmTL111Subscriber
I's using workbench batch mode to run CFD analysis. I'm wondering is there a way to pass the parameter from bash script into journal file (a python script). More specifically, in the bash file, I call the a line and passing a parameter "user_param":
/projects/eng/software/ANSYS-19.5/workbench/v195/Framework/bin/Linux64/runwb2 -B -R /home/tongl5/scratch/TwoTruck_192/model_1/TwoTruck.wbjn --user_param=10
"user_param" is not a parameter in the fluent model so that I have to change it outside the journal file. then in the journal file (a python script), I want to use argparse to parse "user_param":
parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument("--dp_file_name", help="dp_file_name", type=str)
args = parser.parse_args()
user_param = args.user_param
But It seems like that I cannot directly call "--user_param=10" in the bash script. Is there a way to solve it? Thank you.March 16, 2022 at 10:57 pmRKAnsys EmployeeHello,
Can you try this in a newer version?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.