3D Design

3D Design

patch body to solid

• avitalmic
      Subscriber

Hi everyone!

I imported an STL file to spaceclaim in order to cut it and eventually to print it. I manged to convert the facet into patch body by Auto skin. The model now looks like solid but I'm not sure about it. I want to make it solid, to cut it and then save it again as an STL, but I cant do any of this now. Does anyone know how to make it solid so I can edit it?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      It looks like a solid to me. If you create a Plane that passes through the solid and use Split Body, do you get two solids?
      What version of ANSYS are you using? If you are using the free ANSYS Student 2021 R2, you can't File, Save As to an STL file.
    • avitalmic
      Subscriber
      For some reason I cant cut using a plane...
      I use ANSYS Student 2021 R1- I cant save as an STL with it? So what can I do?
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      If you have access to an ANSYS Research license, such as in a University lab, then you can open your SpaceClaim document and do a File Save As STL on that computer. If you don't have access, then use a different piece of software to edit the STL file.
      If you attach the .scdoc file (or put it in a .7z or .rar archive), I can take a look at why you can't cut.

• avitalmic
      Subscriber
      Thank you! I managed to cut it eventually.. turnd out I needed to choose a different angle of the plane
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.