Fluids

Fluids

Patch molefraction of species with data

• DaN
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

I want to calculate the volumetric reactions inside a pipe-shaped domain with two injections (steady). There are multiple setups with different inlet mass flows . Since I already have converged flow simulations for each but without the chemistry, I want to run only the volumetric reactions and disable the flow equations. I did this already for a first setup, and want to use the result for patching the other setups to reduce computation time. I have not found a way to use simulation data for patching.

In a sum, I want to use the flow results from one data file and the mole fractions from another data file to start my computation from. Is is possible to use a data file for patching?

Thank you in advance,

I am using 2020 R1 / 2021 R1

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You don't patch from a data file like that. You can either read in the data file which will replace all existing data or use an interpolation file which will replace any data that is within the file.
    • DaN
      Subscriber
      Great, that works.
      Thank you, Rob!
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You're welcome.
      Always check whatever you do read/interpolate into the solver to make sure you're getting what you think you should see.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.