November 6, 2018 at 12:12 amrumthSubscriber
I need to patch the liquid with gas. I am creating liquid region and it is marking properly (I can see from display). But, after patching, contours does not displaying any liquid fraction. what could be the region and how can I solve the problem?
November 6, 2018 at 2:02 amKarthik RAdministrator
Have you tried the following? Mark the region you would like to initialize with.
Once you have the region marked, you should be able to initialize. First initialize the entire domain using a value of volume fraction (depending on what your secondary phase is). Then click on patch, and use the following screenshot to patch the regions marked earlier.
After patching, you should be able to verify this by plotting the contour colored by 'volume fraction' of the secondary phase.
In the following example, I have patched a rectangular region on the left side. Here is the contour plot.
I hope this helps.
November 6, 2018 at 2:35 amrumthSubscriber
I have done the same procedures you mentioned. I patched the liquid zone several time for axisymmetric geometry. I know the procedure is also same for 2D geometry but I don't know why it is not working.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.