Fluids

Fluids

Patching Liquid phase

• rumth
      Subscriber

Hi,

I need to patch the liquid with gas. I am creating liquid region and it is marking properly (I can see from display). But, after patching, contours does not displaying any liquid fraction. what could be the region and how can I solve the problem?

Regards,

Raju

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Have you tried the following? Mark the region you would like to initialize with.

Once you have the region marked, you should be able to initialize. First initialize the entire domain using a value of volume fraction (depending on what your secondary phase is). Then click on patch, and use the following screenshot to patch the regions marked earlier.

After patching, you should be able to verify this by plotting the contour colored by 'volume fraction' of the secondary phase.

In the following example, I have patched a rectangular region on the left side. Here is the contour plot.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• rumth
      Subscriber

Hi Karthik,

I have done the same procedures you mentioned. I patched the liquid zone several time for axisymmetric geometry. I know the procedure is also same for 2D geometry but I don't know why it is not working.

Raju.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.