November 29, 2018 at 8:59 pmkrany3Subscriber
How to create a pattern from a sketch or from an extruded cut in design modeler?
November 30, 2018 at 6:28 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
please check following video.
if it answers your question, please mark this as 'is solution' to help others on forum.
November 30, 2018 at 3:28 pmkrany3Subscriber
I watched the video before. They create patterns from solids, but not from the sketches.
November 30, 2018 at 4:25 pmRobAnsys Employee
If you want to copy a "hole" create the extrude and pattern the cutting face (boundary of the hole). It sounds odd, but you do pattern the hole.
In sketch there is a copy function, but pattern tends to be a more practical approach.
December 1, 2018 at 9:48 pmkrany3Subscriber
December 4, 2018 at 4:04 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Yes, you have copy function in sketch. You may want to use it. Pattern is easily available in 3d and is more useful.
If you got the answers, please mark this as 'Is Solution' to help others on forum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- section plane
- material properties
- Cant import spaceclaim model into fluent mesher
- Missing faces on solid bodies
- Importing drawing file to Ansys Design Modeler
- Ansys Mechanical Unable to get model
- Convert Surface body to solid