Fluids

Fluids

PC crashes during optimization

• Felix S.
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am currently working with ANSYS 2022R1 CFX. Recently I’m doing a direct optimization of the shroud geometry of a radial compressor. I have set it up in the workbench and tried it out for a few design points, it works well (see attached picture). Now following problem occurs:

The PC I’m using crashes and turns off during the optimization process, losing all the simulated data. Unfortunately I can not tell you why or when this happens, as ANSYS or Windows don’t generate any error report due to this sudden shutdown.

The PC has a AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor with 60GB available memory. Due to my academic ANSYS license, I’m limited to 4 cores. I have set the solution properties to Intel MPI local parallel solve with 4 partitions. I have already reduced the mesh size (200.000 elements) to reduce computational effort, even though I don't think that's the issue.

I have also attached my optimization settings. I have run a lot of individual DP already without any problem.

Someone kas an idea what could be the issue here? Or possibly know how I can generate an error report when this happens in order to know the source of the problem?

Thank you very much for any help!

Best,
      Felix

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.