December 28, 2018 at 2:46 amShoyonPandaySubscriber
I am trying to simulate channel flow with periodic heating at the lower wall. To be specific, I am using a sinusoidal temperature profile at the lower wall whereas the upper wall of the channel has a constant temperature. Note that, I used periodic boundary condition for inlet & outlet as well as specified the mass flow rate.
Constraints for periodic heat transfer predictions in Fluent says that all walls must be at the same temperature (profiles are not allowed). But in this case, I have to implement a temperature profile at the lower wall. The documentation also suggests using constant thermodynamic and transport properties. But I want to use the Boussinesq model for density which treats density as a constant value in all solved equations, except for the buoyancy term in the momentum equation.
I was wondering that whether is it possible to carry out this analysis in Fluent or not?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag