Fluids

Fluids

Phase-averaged Concentration

• mhchoudary
      Subscriber

Dear all,

Is there a way to calculate and/or plot contour of phase-averaged concentration of specie i in a two phase multicomponent transient flow in Ansys fluent?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Mass Fraction, Molar Fraction and Mass Concentration are available as post-processing variables. 

• mhchoudary
      Subscriber

Thanks Dr. Amine for the reply. I am interested to compute the phase-averaged concentration. It looks like that such an option is not available. Probably have to write a udf for it.

As a side question: Is it possible to calculate the sum of two concentrations in the post processing? I mean i want to plot contour of sum of concentrations of specie A and Specie B. Don't want to write a udf and plot via udmi.

Thanks.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I do not understand what do you mean with phase averaged? Fluent allows you to create several volume integrals and weighted averages and you have the possibility to create any Report Definitions by just using Simple Expressions. 

I just need to understand what do you want to do. Best to share formula.

For your side question: yes that is possible and you do not require UDF to do that.

• mhchoudary
      Subscriber

I am also trying to understand the phase-averaged quantities. Did some research and it ocurrs that there are different method to calculate phase-averaged quantities. Attached is one such method:

Can you please explain how can i calculate the sum of two concentrations in the post processing?

Thanks

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You create a custom field function and you add the concentrations you want. We aslo have Mixture Level and Phase Level Concentration under Post-Processing for Species. 

• mhchoudary
      Subscriber

Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.