Fluids

Fluids

Phase change material

• michutorres
      Subscriber

Hi,

I finally got results of my simulation about the heating and melting of adhesive inside a deposit.

I chosed 6 points to see the temperature evolution (5 points in the deposit walls and 1 point in the adhesive).

The temperature evolution in the 5 points of the deposit looks coherent with reality.

The problem is the temperature evolution of the adhesive that I can not see the phase change phenomenon in the graphics at 105 Celsius (378 K).

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nAre you seeing a melt front (plot the contour)? The change in the slope on the plot suggests that the adhesive is indeed melting (or tending towards melting). Perhaps, the temperature is not fully in the melting region?nIf you are worried about the time-scales, you might have to take a deeper look into the problem and how you are arriving at these time-scales in the hand-sketched plot.nKarthikn
    • michutorres
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI didn't plot any contour. I just want to get a graphic of temperature like I attached before where I could see the phase change phenomenon at 105 celsius (378 K).nI am not understanding why there is not a phase change in my graphic if the adhesive exceeds 105 celsius.nConcerning the time scale, I know from laboratory tests that takes around 800 seconds to get the adhesive melted.nIs it a problem in the adhesive properties configuration?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.