August 24, 2022 at 12:21 pmmhuSubscriber
At photodiode design, during FDTD analysis if my input optical source has a wavelength range not a fixed wavelength. So from CHARGE simulation the output current I am getting is proportional to the input power integrated over the whole wavelength range. If I am understanding correctly the software is doing the same. Isn't it?
August 24, 2022 at 10:08 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You are right. It is not directly from the software. Instead, it is from post processing in the analysis group in FDTD. BY default it integrates all the powers for the whole source spectrum range. If you want to get wavelength-dependent I-V or other quantities from CHARGE, you can modify the FDTD analysis group not to integrate.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.