November 4, 2022 at 1:50 pmAruna_SoibamSubscriber
I am trying to replicate the work (Section 4 Study of U‑shaped ring resonator filters) of the paper .
However, the transmission spectra (Fig. 3 in the paper) is achieved quite low in my simulation, as shown in the attached figure below.
I have used all the parameters mentioned in the paper and simulated using 2D FDTD, and I'm unable to figure out where I made the mistake while performing the simulation.
Kindly help. I have attached screenshots of my simulation.
 A. Alioueche, A. Benmerkhi, and M. Bouchemat, “Optical photonic crystal sensor based on U-shaped ring resonator,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 54, no. 12, Oct. 2022.
November 4, 2022 at 2:36 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The main problem I guess is, the Gaussian beam cannot efficiently propagate in such PhC waveguide. Usually you will need to use a regular straight waveguide to excite a certain mode, and use regular output straight waveguide to measure results. Otherwise a plane mode is not proper to exsit a Bloch mode. similarly the monitor result will also depends on its location.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.